Desert Island Books is a series of articles being created by the NUH Library Services department.
They’re asking members of staff and other people associated with the hospital which books they would take to a desert Island.
They have a website with all these booklists here So if you are looking for some inspiration for your next read, why not take a look.
Recently, NHR’s very own Rajiv Hasan was asked about his list of books for a stay on a desert island, and of course, he obliged. you can read his story and list here
Some of these booklists have been recorded into audio format and we are adding these to the NHR Podcast.
To Find out more about the NUH Library Services visit their web page here
- Simon Deery is an NUH Registrar February 19, 2022Simon Deery is an NUH Registrar and recently appointed LGBTQ+ Network chair. He tells us about his role in NUH as well as his Desert Island Book Choices. Desert Island Books is a scheme run by Nottingham University Hospitals Library Services.
- Arthur Shivas - NUH Chaplain December 27, 2021Arthur talks about the role of the hospitals chaplain as well as telling us of his Desert Island Book Choices. Desert Island Books is a scheme run by Nottingham University Hospitals Library Services.
- Megan Dawes - NUH Arts Co-ordinator December 14, 2021Rajiv Hasan catches up with Megan Dawes who is the hospitals art co-ordinator to find out about what she does and, of course, what books she would take to a Desert Island.
- Kari Olsen-Porthouse's from the Liberty Singers December 5, 2021Rajiv Hasan talks to Kari Olsen-Porthouse's from the Liberty Singers to find out about her Desert Island Book Choices. The Desert Islands Books Series is brought to you by the Nottingham University Hospitals Library Services.
- Rachel Hucknall (Chief Executive of Nottinghamshire Hospice) October 14, 2021Rajiv Hasan Talks to Rachel Hucknall (Chief Executive of Nottinghamshire Hospice) about her career, and her Desert Island Book Choices. The Desert Island Books series is being run by the Nottingham University Hospital Library Service.