A study in 2016 conducted by the Hospital Broadcasting Association (HBA) looked at the hospital radio benefits.
The study interviews over 250 people including patients, staff and volunteers.
The study revealed that there was evidence
of hospital radio stations having an impact
on psychosocial health outcomes in the
- Boredom reduced by entertainment
- Loneliness reduced by social interaction
- Anxiousness/frustration reduced by being calming and reassuring
- Disorientation reduced by creating a sense of belonging
- Depersonalisation reduced by making one feel like an individual
- Health and wellbeing awareness increased by providing information
At NHR, we think it is important to put the patients & staff of the hospitals and communities that we serve at the centre of what we do. This study is tells us what we already knew!
The full report can be found on the HBA website
We think what we do makes a real difference to those patients, staff and relatives of the hospital and it’s immediate community. We hope you agree.
Should you want to help, there are a number of ways you can do so –
- Donate – We are a charity and rely on generous donations. If you want to do this, just visit our donate page which will have all the current information you need to do this. One off or regular – it all counts
- Sponsorship – If you have a company or other organisation that wants to offer sponsorship to support us, we’d love to hear from you. Start the conversation by using our contact form
- Volunteer – Get into the action. Be it as a presenter, ward visitor, fundraiser, technician or anything else. Just visit our volunteering page